Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Vintage-Inspired DIY Candle Holders!


Aren't these cute? They are the product of my efforts to create an easy, affordable way to brighten up my bedroom. I also think they would make great centerpieces, wedding decorations, or gifts. I found my inspiration for this project on Arrow & Apple (http://www.arrowandapple.com), and am so happy I did because I happened to have a box of old books I was trying to give away.


You will need:
-Jars (I like using a variety of sizes)
-Mod Podge
-Paint Brush
-Old text books, magazines, newspapers, or any paper product, really
-Candles

Start out by washing and drying the jars you have selected for the project.


Select various texts, illustrations, and patterns with which to decorate the jars.  



Use Mod Podge to adhere the paper to the glass.  I used Mod Podge with a glossy finish, but there are also matte and antique finish options available.  After initially fastening the edges of the paper to the jar, I coated the entire jar with the Mod Podge for extra security.  Be sure to make your layers thin so that the candlelight will be visible through both the glass and the paper.  Once the paper is glued to the glass, set the jars aside until they are dry to the touch.



Voila!


No comments :

Post a Comment