Friday, September 14, 2012

Edward in the House



No, not that Edward - the other Edward!

Those who knew me during my last year at university can attest to my complete obsession with Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.  I used to write term papers with their music floating subconsciously through my mind to get the creative juices flowing.  I love music with folk inspiration, which makes listening to ESTMZ comforting and easy.  Both of their albums (Up from Below and Here) are wonderful, and offer songs for every mood and situation....Okay, enough from me.  You really should just listen to their music for yourself, if you haven't already.  Click http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LF2HaXf58g  to listen to my favorite Edward Sharpe masterpiece.

Anyways, the other night I was lucky enough to see them play live at a concert in my hometown!  The show was a fundraiser for a local elementary school.  As it turns out, the song "Mayla" on the new album Here was written about a little girl who attended the same local school that the concert was funding (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmSqxNrX6aE).  Isn't that sweet?




Looks like there was time for a photo-opp in the ten-minute window of time that we were actually sitting in our assigned seats.  The curly-haired beauty to the left and I listened up front for the entire show.



Annie and I are down there in the front somewhere!  We were absolutely captivated. I honestly don't think I've ever heard a band perform so well live.




Hopefully I've convinced you to start listening to their music by now.  It really is like a warm blanket for the
 soul.

Oh! Almost forgot...I saw a concert-goer wearing this t-shirt, which I think is deliciously nerdy and hilarious.  I had never seen one before, but maybe I'm just behind the times.  I did a little research and it really is sound-reactive, so it's perfect for concerts.  It's called the 'T-Qualizer Shirt,' and it's sold widely across the internet for next to nothing.  If anything, it's good for some laughs!







Have a great weekend everybody!

No comments :

Post a Comment