Thursday, October 4, 2012

Perfect Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies



One of my girlfriends introduced me to this unbelievable cookie recipe the other day.  I stopped in briefly just to say 'hello' and she mentioned a quick, simple, and gluten-free cookie she had recently concocted--I was instantly captivated, obviously.

We hadn't intended to go on a baking spree, but I didn't believe that cookies could taste normal with only five ingredients, which became grounds for investigation.  Thank goodness, otherwise I never would have become a follower of the 'minimalist peanut butter cookie.'

I've been trying to stick to a gluten-free diet lately, which is another reason I love this recipe.  Don't worry, the taste is definitely not compromised!





You will need:

2 cups all-natural peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs, slightly beaten
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
pinch salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease cookie sheets.




Combine peanut butter and sugar in bowl.  Mix until smooth.




Add eggs to peanut butter/sugar mixture individually and mix together.  Next, add baking soda, vanilla, and salt to mixture.  Mix thoroughly-no baking soda clumps!




Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on prepared cookie sheet with 2 inches between each ball.




Make your cookies fancy by impressing criss-crosses with a sugar-coated fork.







Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.  Let rest on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transporting to cooling rack.







Death by peanut butter cookie...

No comments :

Post a Comment