Sunday, October 21, 2012

These Little Piggies Went to Market

There was a gloomy fog hovering over Ojai this morning.  This blip in southern California's weather forecast made it harder for me to convince myself to roll out of bed, but it also made the prospect of hot coffee more enticing.
In fact, once out from under the covers, I went the whole nine yards and moseyed into town to grab coffee and browse the local farmers' market.  
Proud, huh?

I'm always so amazed by all of the beautiful, vibrant colors that are created naturally in the assortment of produce sold.  Mother Nature never fails to impress.
There was also on 'old-timey' band playing atop an antique-looking wagon as shoppers meandered through the market.  They, also, did not fail to impress.

More than just the opportunity to buy beautiful, organic fruits and vegetables, the farmers' market is a wonderful place for people-watching.  I saw at least one bronzed, bare-chested, linen bell-bottom-wearing, Tarzan look-alike.  And as I walked around, I couldn't help but notice the number of shoppers who would frantically wave their newly-bought bouquets of marigolds, or bunches of asparagus, while shouting salutations to friends they had spotted through the various tents and booths. 
Warms my heart.  Every time.


Gosh, I live in such a wonderful place.



































The Ojai Farmers' Market is held every Sunday, rain or shine, from 9am-1pm.
300 E.  Matilija St. Ojai, CA. 93023



No comments :

Post a Comment