Wednesday, May 22, 2013

2013 Cannes Film Festival's Best Dressed

If there's one event that makes me wish I was a celebrity, it's the Cannes Film Festival.
"Oh, it's my job to fly to France, spend two weeks on the beach in the French Riviera, dress up, watch movies, and rub elbows with Marion Cotillard and Leonardo DiCaprio?"  Twist my arm a little.

One of the vibes I'm getting from Cannes attendees is that they don't seem to care as much about landing a spot on Vogue's best dressed list as they do about having fun with their outfits, and for that reason, I find myself soaking it all up.  I can't get enough. 

This year, I'm sensing a lot of "Old School Hollywood" being exuded from the event.  Here are some of the looks that make me happy:

Best Dressed:


Jennifer Lawrence in Dior


Naomi Watts in Dolce and Gabbana


Marion Cotillard in Antonio Berardi


Nicole Kidman in L'Wren Scott


Marion Cotillard in Vivienne Westwood (doesn't this gown remind you of a beach blanket in the best way possible?)


Liya Kibede looking very My Fair Lady inspired in Alberto Ferretti 



Finally, my personal favorite, Audrey Tatou in custom-made Yiqing Yin.

Best Makeup:


Freida Pinto


Emma Watson


Jessica Chastain


Carey Mulligan


Best Hair:


Cheryl Cole


Nicole Kidman


Marion Cotillard


Bérénice Bejo


Best Accessories:


 Jessica Biel's necklace


Bérénice Bejo's clutch


Isla Fisher's necklace


Cara Delevingne's ring



*Photos from Glamour/Vogue/Yahoo

8 comments :

  1. awesome recap!

    http://giaa-fashion.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There were so many fabulous looks this year, which made it hard to choose. Glad you stopped by! I've started following you on Bloglovin'!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you!! Don't you love what you're seeing from Cannes? Downright gorgeous stuff on the red carpet this year!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, lady! I think so too! Loving your blog by the way. You are so glamorous! xo

      Delete
  4. I am a huge Emma Watson fan! She always looks so classy and gorgeous. I am so glad I stumbled upon your blog! The design is perfect and I love this post. I will definitely be following you on bloglovin. xx. McKenna Lou
    www.lynnandlou.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ack! Thanks, ladies! Emma Watson is just beautiful - always so natural and sweet! I've followed you on Bloglovin' as well. Can't wait to see what fun posts you come up with next! xoxo

      Delete