Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Cheese, Almond & Thyme Stuffed Olives

I. Love. Olives.
When I was younger, I used to pull them straight out of the can, place one neatly on each of my finger tips, bask for a short while in my glee as I likened myself to a tree frog with sticky finger pads, and finally, chomp the salty goodness off, one by one.
Slowly, I learned to love green olives, as well.  Especially when stuffed with a crunchy, garlic-y blend of cheese.  I know plenty of people who don't care for olives, but after tasting these, I have serious trouble comprehending those beliefs.  Bomb.



You will need:

1 jar medium-sized green olives, pitted
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/2 cup Saint Andre Triple Cream Soft-Ripened Cheese
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/2 cup almonds, unsalted and roasted
8 sprigs fresh thyme
1/2 tsp. black pepper

First, drain olives and set aside in bowl.



Place cheeses in bowl, and add crushed garlic, finely chopped almonds, pepper, and thyme.



Mix together until very soft and pliable.


I don't have a pastry bag, so at this point, I just spooned the mixture into the corner of a ziploc bag and cut off one of the edges.


Now you are free to squeeze the mixture into the pit of the olives.  This is also the time at which you might realize the importance of chopping the almonds small enough to get through the opening.  Don't chop them too small though, otherwise you'll miss out on the texture the nuts bring to plate!



I know, I know..my hands look enormous.  They were little olives, okay?


Like tiny soldiers all in a row.

It is actually kind of tricky to present these nicely, because they don't tend to balance very well.  I found a butter dish that had a lip all the way around, which worked perfectly.



Yum!

3 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. SO yummy! I feel like there are probably lots of fun ways to mix this recipe up too. Lemon, rosemary, pistachios....just endless! Thanks for stopping by! xo

      Delete
  2. You ought to be a part of a contest for one of
    the best blogs on the internet. I most certainly will highly recommend
    this blog!

    my blog Asthma and allergy symptoms

    ReplyDelete