Friday, May 17, 2013

Diet Coke T-Shirt Design Challenge

So, I don't usually post about contests or challenges. Or Diet Coke for that matter. But this design challenge actually seems doable and fun.  And if you win, you could have a nice wad of cash fed to your wallet, even if you're a runner up.
So, what's the low-down?  I'm getting there.

From what I gather, all contestants submit their designs by May 31st.  Those submissions then get reviewed by corporate, and the top 20 from the first round get featured on a voting website (I assume this is when you'd enlist your friends and family to repeatedly submit votes for your design). Finally (this is the best part), in the last round, the top ten ranked t-shirts from the previous round will be given to a panel of judges, including Rebecca Minkoff (!) to vote for the most winning t-shirt design.

I sort of rushed through the details, but a more thorough brief can be found here. The winner will also get flown to Nashville to meet Taylor Swift (...), and have his or her t-shirt sold at Target in the fall.
For all of you budding fashionistas, designers, and creative minds alike, I feel like this is an amazing opportunity. Talk about exposure!


This is the winning design from last year:



It's not rocket science, it's a t-shirt, right?

The deadline for entry is in two weeks, so you've got lots of time to think up some amazing, original, creative designs.

Let me know if you decide to enter.  I would love to see what magic you've got hidden up your sleeve!



*Photos from Target website

4 comments :

  1. Wowzers! What an exciting contest! I love Coke!! Have you ever heard the history about how they used to put cocaine in it in the early years?!! Don't know if that's just urban legend!

    Are you entering? Would love to see your design after you've entered~ i am trying to come up with something really fun and cool which would wow the judges! Ha ha!!!

    (='.'=)
    Lauren at adorn la femme

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hey hey! I have heard that rumor, and according to snopes, it's "partly true" (http://www.snopes.com/cokelore/cocaine.asp)!! haha. I'm not sure if I'm going to enter the contest or not, but I will definitely post my design if I do! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. that seems like fun! i'm not much of a designer though so I think i'll just watch :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh! You never know though--You might be just the kind of designer they're looking for! I don't know the first thing about graphic design for clothes, but I think it seems like a lot of fun! We should make a promise to each other to AT LEAST make up one sketch! :)

    ReplyDelete