Monday, May 13, 2013

Tassles and Lace: Graduation Dresses

Around this time last year, I was frantically searching for a dress to wear to my college graduation.  I didn't want an outfit that ten other girls were going to be wearing, so I opted to look online in the hopes that I would find something unique.

Luckily, everything matches a black cap and gown, so my options were unlimited in the color department.  The hardest part was determining what style of dress would be most appropriate for the occasion.  My dress dilemma was different than most in that my university was located on the beach in Southern California, and I was sure many of the girls were going to be wearing only bikinis under their gowns.  No joke.

But I think graduating college is a really big deal and wanted to find something special for the occasion.  Also, call me old-fashioned, but seeing as graduating college is one of the only 'rites of passage' for young adults in America, I wanted a more mature dress that would symbolize my induction into post-college 'adulthood.'




Here I am in my lovely, multi-colored Hunter Dixon dress.  It arrived in the mail the morning of my graduation ceremony, which was the result of much indecisiveness and procrastination.  In retrospect, I wish I had been given a list of potential graduation dress options.  It would have saved me a lot of time, which is a really a precious thing in those last few weeks of school filled with finals and papers.  

To all you upcoming college graduates: It's all worth it in the end, I promise!  Nothing ever felt so good as receiving that piece of paper and hearing my family shrieking bloody murder from the crowd.






So, without further delay, here are a few suggestions for your special day:

I


II



III




IV


V

 I love the back on this one!

VI


 VII



VIII




VIIII


 X



XI
This dress comes in lots of pretty summer colors (see link below).


1) Acid Bloom Kick Out Dress
2) Paqueta Island Dress
3) LouLou Dress
4) Kat Dress
5) Laced Lemondrop Dress
6) Shirt Dress With Habanero Embroidery
7) Lattice Detail Dress
8) Didsbury Dress
9) Hudson Fit and Flare Collared Dress
10) Neon Tweed Dress
11) Mirabelle Dress


Congratulations, Class of 2013!  You did it!


1 comment :

  1. I'm graduating in two weeks and still don't have a dress. Really like that lemondrop one!

    ReplyDelete