Friday, May 10, 2013

Keds and Caffeine


Hello friend!
Today I want to introduce you to one of my favorite coffee shops (I have many, but we'll start here).
Coffee Connection is a little shoe box of a joint not far from where I live in a suburb called Meiners Oaks.
Growing up, this area used to be considered a little sketchy, but lately it's really begun to thrive as a new gastro-hub.  Some of my favorite eateries are now located here!
I love when the underdog succeeds.  Don't you?




One of the reasons I love Coffee Connection is that there is always so much color and creativity splashed everywhere.  Today there was a display of artwork from a local elementary school hoping to raise money for SPARC, a new no-kill animal shelter.








Elias knows how to pull some heartstrings.  But he's right, you know.







Aside from the unique art hanging on the walls, there are a few other reasons to visit the CC.  One of which is the locally made baked goods.  They have the largest selection of gluten-free goodies I've ever seen, and they are always fantastic.  Flourless Chocolate Mocha Cake anyone?







Moving on to the back patio...








Here you will find the caffeine addicts in their natural habitat, voraciously consuming as much of the magical elixir as possible.







I must confess:  The main reason I wanted to be out and about today was because I wanted to show off my new Keds!






I'm wearing a men's button down shirt I found at a second-hand store by Threads & Heirs,  BDG jeans from Urban Outfitters, and Oxford Champion Keds in 'festival fuschia'.


Hard to have a bad day when you're wearing pink shoes!

17 comments :

  1. The coffee shop looks great and I love your outfit! I have a pair of Keds and they are the comfiest things ever!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Paprika! I love my Keds! Love your blog as well! xo

      Delete
  2. Love the place, so original! And it looks really cozy :) Cute Keds! Following you through Bloglovin, follow me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Chris! It is very cozy--one of my favorites! I've followed you on Bloglovin' as well. Can't wait to see what you post next! xo

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. You're welcome, Chase! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. the shop looks lovely! I love all the pretty details! and you were right to show off your keds, they're stunning! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is rather adorable. And I'm loving my keds. Generally, I dress in pretty neutral colors and add a pop of color, so they have been coming in handy a lot! xo

      Delete
  5. im a coffee shop fanatic! love this

    http://www.frankvinyl.com/2013/05/london.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite is the pillows on the leather chairs. I too love unique and artistic coffee shops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Meg! They do an awesome job with their eclectic decor. Thanks for stopping by! xo

      Delete
  7. ❤ your blog, beauty!
    Follow me and i will follow u back!
    http://lamourdesoibysm.blogspot.ru/
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/6841269

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Following you on Bloglovin! Thanks for the complement, Sofya!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful photos. I love places that show local art on the walls.

    Jillian - http://epic-thread.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Jillian! I love your blog...and shops that promote local art!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I somehow stumbled across your blog while looking for reviews of Keds this evening. I am looking at purchasing my very first pair! I have read all sorts of stories on various websites about Keds making feet really sweaty so I have been hesitant to buy a pair in the past. Has this been your experience with Keds or are your feet always dry when you wear them?

    Fantastic website, by the way! You have a new fan!

    Sarah.

    ReplyDelete