Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Mother's Day Gifts!

Mother's Day in the United States is this Sunday, May 12th.
Don't panic!  I've got you covered.
My mother happens to be one of the hardest people to shop for, possibly in the entire world.  Through years of experience both giving her gifts and watching my brothers and sisters squirm uncomfortably as she opened their gifts for her (Will she like it? Won't she like it?), I've learned a thing or two.

When shopping for mom on Mother's Day, there are three rules of thumb to consider: 1) The gift should mean something special to your mother; 2) Pamper your mom. This is her special day!  And think about it, you kind of owe her a lot; 3) Buy your mom something she wouldn't buy for herself.

There! Not so bad, right?


For the mom who likes to open wrapping paper:





This adorable tea cosy is for sale on Etsy, at http://www.etsy.com/shop/OnokWildYard?ref=seller_info.  Wild Yard's embroidery is remarkable, and the colors are so cheery.  This little beauty sells for $69.00, and I know quantities are limited because the cosies are handmade, so be sure to snag yours as soon as possible.



L.L. Bean's Wicked Good Slippers.  They really are that good.  I know this because my siblings have gotten 
into the habit of buying these bad boys for each other over the past few years.  They are so comfortable!  Mom will definitely approve.  You can find them on the L.L. Bean website at http://bit.ly/10rZfgO.   They sell for $79.00 and have received 4.5/5 rating from customers.  Not bad!



 I am hesitant to suggest a perfume, because I know scents are so personal.  However, Jo Malone's 'Red Roses' perfume is such a classic scent that I think everyone should own it.  Typically, I feel that rose-scented perfumes smell too chemically enhanced, but this scent is beautiful, light, and a little earthy.  Mom will love it.  You can find it in a variety of locations across the country.  Nordstrom is probably the most accessible http://bit.ly/15L75tH.



Voluspa candles have been my longstanding favorites for quite some time.  They are like the Ben & Jerry's of candles; there is an enormous variety of scents and all of them make me want to eat them. I was in a boutique the other day and got to sample this scent: Gardenia Colonia from the Maison Blanc Collection.  Swoon.  Voluspa offers much more than candles in the way of products, but I always like the fact that candles make a room look and smell so cozy.  Voluspa items can be purchased at Nordstrom.  This particular product sells for a reasonable $16.00 (http://bit.ly/18vdtnL).




The Sacred Truth facial mask from Lush Cosmetics is amazing.  This mask is geared specifically toward mature skin, and possesses important moisturizing qualities.  I really trust the ingredients in Lush products, and love that they are produced as ethically as possible (no animal testing!).  Here is the link:  http://bit.ly/YGSlJi.  Check out their other products too!


For the mom who likes to go places:

I've been intrigued with the concept of blending the activities of wine-tasting and painting together in one afternoon for quite some time.  The Painted Cabernet in Santa Barbara, California, is one example (http://www.paintedcabernet.com/) of such an establishment.  Don't let not being able to paint interfere with you wanting to go--we all know that wine makes everyone more expressive!  I'm fairly certain that similar businesses have been popping up all over the place, so just do a little research to find out if you have a wine bar/art studio near you.


Finally, if all else fails....


For the mom who appreciates gestures:



Make your mother breakfast in bed...



Spend some quality time in the sun....




Schedule mother-daughter mani pedi's...



And NEVER underestimate the power of a homemade card.



There! Go forth with my blessing. And let me know all about the fun ideas you come up with for Sunday!










5 comments :

  1. I have been surfing online greater than 3 hours lately, but I never discovered
    any attention-grabbing article like yours. It is pretty
    value sufficient for me. Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made just right content as you did,
    the net will likely be a lot more helpful than ever before.


    Feel free to visit my weblog garcinia cambogia information

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anon! It can be hard coming up with new and special ideas every year for Mother's Day, so I'm glad you found this post helpful! Let me know what you come up with, and thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. An impressive share! I have just forwarded this
    onto a colleague who was conducting a little homework on this.
    And he in fact ordered me dinner simply because I stumbled upon it for
    him... lol. So allow me to reword this.... Thanks for the meal!
    ! But yeah, thanks for spending some time to discuss
    this matter here on your web page.

    Feel free to surf to my page; cheap customize nba jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all such good ideas! I definitely need to go pick up a gift this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zarna! Thanks for stopping by! I'm sure you'll find something wonderful. Let me know how it goes! xo

      Delete