Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The Best of the Met Gala 2013

As I perused the photos of last night's Met Gala, I noticed a not-so-subtle punk thread running throughout the dress and accoutrements of attendees.  With further research, I discovered that theme of the event was "Punk: From Chaos to Couture," which now makes total sense.

Punk on the red carpet is awesome.  However, in my humble opinion, many participants missed the mark on this one, which I imagine would be really easy to do.  But we won't focus on them.
Instead, I want to highlight the people, dress, and accessories that I think really hit the nail on the head.

BEST DRESSED:




The beautiful Alexa Chung in Erdem.  Clearly she was going to be a front-runner.




Jessica Biel in Giambattista Valli.  I love the detail of the sneaky pants.




Cameron Diaz in Stella McCartney (more detailed photo of her badass belt to come).




Jenny from the Block in a lovely backless Michael Kors number.  How about that faux hawk?




Best Hair:





Sienna Miller




Emmy Rossum




Jennifer Morrison




Anne Hathaway


BEST MAKEUP:





Jessica Biel




January Jones





Miranda Kerr





Kristen Stewart


BEST ACCESSORIES:





Cameron Diaz's belt



SJP's headpiece



Jamie King's tiara




Michelle Williams' clutch




Katy Perry's shoes


I love that most of the attendees actually took the theme and ran with it (I'm talking to you January Jones), but still managed to safely walk the fine line between the punk subculture and high fashion.

Rock on!




Photos: Getty; Splash News Online; INFPhoto

3 comments :

  1. I thought that January Jones knocked it out of the park last night as well. Nice selections!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love jenny's dress and sienna's hair! and of course SJK, i have an infinite tenderness for her since sex in the city, she could wear whatever, i'll always think that she looks lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell me about it! In my opinion, Carrie can do no wrong. The woman has got some serious cojones when it comes to fashion. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete