Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Blast from the Past: Gene Tierney

I haven't posted a 'Blast from the Past' outfit for quite some time, so I thought I'd start them up again.  We'll ease into it with one of my favorite go-to actresses of yore, Gene Tierney.

Being in New York City in the summertime has definitely made me more in-tune with the sartorial needs of professional women in the city who need to stay cool and refined. After a little digging, some beautiful current pieces jumped out at me. Take a look!

The Inspiration: Gene Tierney




I.

II.

III.



I. Segmented Labyrinth Dress
II. Lillian Suede Low Wedges in 'Fresh Strawberry'
III. Provence 12 Crochet Hat

I would say some red lipstick and a low, messy bun, such as the Anthropologie model is wearing, would tie it all together.

10 comments :

  1. Love this! What a great idea for a post and I love the dress you picked out!

    Shannon
    clothesandquotes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Shannon! Just my little way of making an ode the the glamour of Old Hollywood. ;) Thank you for stopping by! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics!

    Would you like to follow each other via bloglovin/fb? Let me know babe, will add you back directly

    www.facebook.com/weheartfashionblog
    www.we-heart-fashion.com

    xoxo
    K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just checked out your blog - love it! Definitely going to follow you on bloglovin', and look forward go you following me as well!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Me too, Thelma! On my lust list for sure!

      Delete
  5. Love the way you have created a little bit of good old fashioned glamour! Love you to check out my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to recreate the glamour of the past...Love that era too! Would love you to check out my blog xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you! Heading over to your blog now! :)

      Delete