Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Brunch with the Founding Farmers

I love reuniting with old friends during travels to distant places. It somehow makes me feel very grown up and comfortable and happy all at once. Meeting up with my friend Osman in Washington, DC, was no different. Os and I went to college together, where we had a mutual group of friends, as well as a mutual love/hate relationship with the library.

I was on his home turf, so he suggested we try a place called Founding Farmers for Saturday brunch. I make it a rule of mine never to turn down a mish-mosh of breakfast and lunch, so I told him I thought that sounded like a wonderful idea and that I would meet him there at 1 o'clock sharp!

A little warning: the photos from our outing are not of the highest quality, but I have a good excuse! Because the metro ride into DC can take a good 45 minutes on the weekend, I opted to bring my next "good reads" post material versus a camera in my small purse. 
As the book I will be reviewing next has approximately 950 pages, I need all the time I can get with it! It's all for you!

Oddly enough, Os and I came off of the same metro, and I happened to spot him about three people ahead of me. We walked to the restaurant, enjoying the unusually glorious DC weather.

Finally, we reached our destination. The place was packed! We opted to sit at the bar and were attended to by friendly bar staff immediately, who promptly took our food and drink orders.


I decided to be adventurous and ordered my first Pimm's Cup.


Glorious. So good, in fact, that Osman ordered one too!


Our food came next. The dishes were very simple, but delicious nonetheless. Founding Farmers prides itself in its high-quality, local produce and meats and its generally healthy and wholesome fare. 

I ordered a veggie scramble with a mini house salad...


Look at those colors!

Osman went for ever-classic blueberry pancakes. 


I'd be lying if I said I didn't steal a few bites. Bomb.

We sat a while, chatting and catching up, but finally decided that someone could probably use our seats, so we headed off to Georgetown. 


I always tell people that I enjoy shopping for others more than I enjoy shopping for myself, so when Osman said he needed to stop in a few places to pick up some things, I didn't argue. Georgetown actually has tons of really great little shops for impromptu shopping sprees.


Grown up suits for a grown up job, naturally.


And a grown up watch wouldn't be such a bad idea either! The more the merrier, I say!

Meanwhile, while I began to feel a little self-conscious about how stylish Osman was becoming, so I decided to step outside the box a little and make a statement with cat-eye liner and coral lips...what do you think?



Any favorite red lipsticks I've just got to try? Or favorite brunch locations in New York? Fill me in e'rybody! 

3 comments :

  1. Osman is a cool name.

    My favourite red lipstick is Lady Bug by MAC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A name so nice, you gotta say it twice! Ahh! I can tell I'm going to like your lipstick suggestion for two reasons: it's from MAC (they make such great matte colors), and because it's called 'ladybug'! Thanks, girl! xoxo

      Delete