Thursday, June 13, 2013

Gluten-Free Peanut Butter, Banana & Chocolate Chip Drop Cookies

My sister, Katie, has allergic reactions to both eggs and gluten. Well, these sensitivities make baking desserts quite tricky. All of my absolute favorite desserts have one or both of these components involved.  Crustless apple pie?  Just not the same ring to it...

Anyways, as Katie and I were hanging out this evening, our sweet teeth rang the doorbell and said hello.  That was the end.  We were committed.  The only problem left was finding a dessert that we both deemed edible.  It didn't take long before we stumbled across a variation of this recipe for chocolate-y, banana-y, peanut buttery cookies.
Yum.



Yes, I know, they do sound a little bit more healthy than usual, but they are really delicious, and make for a perfect power snack in the morning before work.

Interested?  You will need:

2 large, over-ripe bananas
1/4 cup almond butter
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 tbs. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 cup oats
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate, chopped (or you can use chocolate chips!)

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.


First, mix bananas, almond butter, peanut butter, vanilla, sugar, and cinnamon together in large mixing bowl.


Next, slowly mix oats into banana mixture.


Once oats have been added, mix chopped chocolate into batter.



Place dollops of cookie dough onto un-greased baking sheet. Cookies do not spread, so you can basically make them as big as you would like them to be once you take them out of the oven.  Tablespoon size should work well! Place in oven, and cook for a good 12 minutes, or until golden.


See?


Let cool, then serve.

So good and guilt-free!  Take my recommendation and eat them with a cup of hot English breakfast tea.  Now that's a combination that will get me to wake up on the right side of the bed every morning...

14 comments :

  1. These look divine! I will give them a try :) x

    www.zdevania.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness. I am totally going to attempt to make these!

    nicholawithanh.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So simple and yummy! Thanks for stopping by, lady!

      Delete
  3. These look delicious! A healthy alternative to no-bakes (my favorite)!

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. MMM looks scrummy! Its always good to have a delicious and healthy cookie recipe in your back pocket so I may have to steal yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds so delicious! I'm kind of a PB addict. If you are as well, I have a pretty fantastic Reese's PB cookie recipe that is not at all healthy, but seriously amazing. You know, if you're into that sort of thing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOOh! Where can I find said recipe. I'm a glutton for Reese's anything!

      Delete
  6. These sound INSANELY delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean, it's banana, PB, and chocolate...enough said.

      Delete
  7. This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing!

    Take Care, Aimee
    SwellMayde.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Aimee!! You are very welcome. I love your blog, girl! xoxo

      Delete